Wednesday 7 May 2008

6 Music Roundtable


Last Thursday I was a guest on the Steve Lamacq Roundtable show on 6 Music. The idea is that 3 guests listen to a handful of new records, give their opinion on them and mark them out of 10 and the winner is the one with most points.. just in case you hadn't worked that out for yourself. Some of the records we reviewed were; the new Coldplay single (not as bad as i'd thought it would be) the new CSS track (bit disappointing sadly) and the excellent new Mystery Jets single '2 Doors Down' which everyone loved and was crowned the runaway winner.. Hoorah. If you have nothing better to do you can listen again to the show by clicking on the red title...

My fellow guests where the lovely Huw Stephens from Radio 1 and Sam Sparro. Now, this sounds terrible and I hate myself for even thinking it... but whenever you're about to meet someone very talented and good looking, you kinda hope they're going to be a bit of a pratt. It just seems unfair for someone to be all those things and a thoroughly decent human being too... but he is, damn him. 

As you can see from the lovely picture of myself and Sam, (kindly reproduced from Huw Stephens blogsite) I got a bit confused as to what face to pull in those crucial seconds before the shutter clicked. Realising it was futile to try and look anything close to 'chiselled' next to him  I went for my grinning idiot face... Hence,  he looks like a proper pop star and I look like a competition winner... I need to work on that.

No comments: