Friday 9 May 2008

Are People Real Podcast


I was very happy to be asked to do a mix for the lovely Broken Hooker DJs and there excellent ArePeopleReal podcasts.... Click on the bright shiny red letters to subscribe to the show.. Once you've marveled at my bit (apart from the mix out of Pennie's From Heaven, which is a touch shoddy I have to admit) it's really worth checking out the past shows...

Here's the tracklist for my bit... I'd been going through and digitizing a lot of my old records that week, which explains the lack of much new stuff on it, but after digging out tracks like Charlies Concept and the Dirt Crew mix of Sasse, well I thought they needed to be heard again. There is the first ever airing of Dennis Dub, which funnily enough is a dub version of Dennis & My Sister off the album. The track contains commentary from Jack Van Gelder, the Dutch John Motson, who gets rather over excited when Dennis Bergkamp scores one of the best goals ever to win the World Cup Quarter final for Holland against Argentina. Todays' picture is my visual interpretation of that fine moment... hope you like it..

International Pony - Our House
Midfield General - Dennis Dub
Sasse - Soul Sounds (Dirt Crew Remix) 
Funk 198 - Charlies Concept
The Subs - Unknown
Midfield General - Faster 
Sirisumo - All The Girls (Tomboy Mix)
Inner City - Pennies From Heaven 
Herve - Hi Jackin
Boys Noize - Lava Lava (Feadz Remix)
Michael Jackson - Thriller (Souls Get Down Re Edit)

No comments: