Wednesday 13 January 2010

Back to the early '90s..


So, we march forth into a new decade and what better way to mark this event than with a quick trip back 20 years to the early '90s.

This mix was a 40th birthday present for my very dear friend John Hassay. John and I cemented our friendship in the early '90s a time when I was lucky enough to be DJing at the Coco Club at The Zap Club in Brighton. I started off doing the visuals there and then moved up from back room DJ to warm-up DJ and then occassional filler-in for Chris Coco, who along with the lovely Lene created a very special club night. I will always be eternally grateful that they let me into the family.

Anyway, enough gushing. The mix is a selection of his favourites tracks that I was playing at the time. It reflects Johns love of American House, early British prog, T.E.C.H.N.O., Morales Red Zone mixes and the odd pilled up Balearic anthem.
Having had it to himself for a few months now he has kindly let me put it up on-line for you all to enjoy... But he did make me leave his personalised dedication on.

So I hope you enjoy it..
Feel the birthday love...

oh and the Ethyl Meatplow track has some pretty bad language on there..

To download the mix click on the title post...

here's the tracklisting...

Coco Steel & Lovebomb Feel It
A Certain Ratio 27 Forever (Jon Dasilva Remix)
Ethyl Meatplow
Queenie (MK Dub Mix)
The Daou
Surrender Yourself
Urban Soul
Alright (Sasha Remix)
TC 1991
Berry
Robert Owens
I'll Be Your Friend (Morales Remix)
2 House
Go Techno (Tony Humphries Remix)
Happy Mondays
Stinkin' Thinkin' (Junior Boys Own Dub)
Black Grass
Strobelite Honey (Morales Rx)
R.A.S.E.
Say It Loud
MK
4 You
The Formula
Spiritual Vibe
SAS
Amber Groove
React 2 Rhythm
Intoxication (Leftfield Rx)
Bjork
Big Time Sensuality (Justin Robertson Rx)
Jestofunk
I'm Gonna Love You

6 comments:

PrintLover said...

Cheers Damian, look forward to hearing it !

lotsa love from Ed Potterton AKA

Printing Matters

Kidda said...

John Hassey in 'E.T. Does Pride'

Ed Templeton said...

Thanks General, brought back something resembling memories, although I think I've forgotten what memories are...
x

Samuel said...

Thanks for remembering me a past memories.Great to see the photos......

Unknown said...

Thank you for such a fantastic blog. Where else could one get this kind of info written in such an incite full way? I have a presentation that I am just now working on, and I have been looking for such information.

Penny Stocks

Anonymous said...

Thank you for such a fantastic blog. Where else could one get this kind of info written in such an incite full way? I have a presentation that I am just now working on, and I have been looking for such information.

penny stocks